Visit my website:

Friday, January 2, 2015

OWCP and reports from someone who is not considered a physician

In a federal workers compensation case, reports must be from a physician. A physician includes  a podiatrist for a foot condition, a psychologist who has a Ph.D., and a chiropractor ONLY for the condition of subluxation. The Employees Compensation Appeals Board has held that a report from a non-physician will be considered medical evidence if countersigned by a qualified physician. This is also found in the Procedure Manual, at Chapter 2.805.3a(1) (January 2013).